Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PriMerica

I saw a sign, or a decorated car, or something for it the other day. The funny thing is that a couple days before I met someone who offered me a job. Found out today, when I went to the interview, that that's the company I was interviewing for. The funny thing, I really don't have any information on who they Really are, so I'm perplexed.

The interview went well, I have an open job offer, I just need to pull together $99 (one time) fee for a background check as well as the materials for prepping for and acquiring a state license. I could work 10-15 hours a week, working in the evening hours as that's when I have time, going to people who've asked to meet with us, entirely referral based. Working that little I was told I could earn 2-3 thousand a month. Compared to the 600 I've been making a month it's very very lucrative as either replacement or supplemental.

I have a funny feeling about it though, and I can't shake it. I don't know why. We were going to go up to a meeting about it tonight, the weather closed in and we didn't make it. Oh well, anyone who has some info on this group I'd appreciate info.

I know they're a part of Citi-Group, as I recall their (citi-groups') CEO took over a hundred million bucks this last year as a bonus even though they were declaring bankruptcy. Maybe that's part of why I'm having issues with them.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I have heard of them but I don't know much about them. According to the BBB they are an insurance/financial co. From the sounds of it the job would be commissioned based which in this economy I would say no. My gut is saying no, and from the sounds of it so is your's. Go with your gut. If you want I can ask my brother who works for a financial planning firm in SL and see what he has heard about this co. if anything and let you know. But seriously, if you are uneasy there is a reason for it, turn it down.

AliceAnn said...

Check with Janele. I think this is the same organization that someone had visited with them about and they set up an appointment with us. We listened and said thanks but no thanks. I think there's a lot of the thanks but no thanks that their sales/associates hear.

Janele Williams said...

Yep. Primerica is an investing company. They are legit. I think they first get you to get your license to sell life insurance, because most people need that. Then you have to get licensed to deal with other money type of things. They provide great services, but it can be difficult to get it going because it basically just works off referrals.

Go ahead and do it if you want, but you work off comission. You'll need to keep your day job several years before it pays off.