Thursday, September 25, 2008

CS3 Strikes AGAIN!

After spending a couple hours on a project in CS3 photoshop last night I had not yet saved the file and Photoshop crashed...


you can stop laughing it's not that funny when it's after midnight and due within 48 hours..... lol


So today i've been working on the same projects and creating this nice lower thirds piece for a live broadcast, but this time I worked on it in Illustrator. The issue being now I need to modify some things in photoshop.... I tried PDF's and even exporting in PNG but either of those flattens the graphics and doesn't allow you to work on the individual layers when you open them up in Photoshop.... The solution?

PSD

Save as a PSD (kinda numbingly obvious after the fact right....Photoshop file for a document you want to edit in photoshop).... It allows you to decide if you want to flatten the image or not. That's the trick, then you can open it in photoshop and do your things. Just make sure to save often, and so not save over the same file....make ten copies between creation and final, that way you can go back to any edition of the project that you want, without having to re-create anything, or undo more than is kept in your history.

1 comment:

AliceAnn said...

Ah yes-save in versions!

I learned how to convert between .psd files and .ai files because I had to use.ai files and found when I right clicked I had options!! .psd options!!

Hallelujah!