Monday, December 29, 2008

craziness

I woke up around 6 this morning (sunday dec 28th), couldn't fall back asleep. My fever started coming back. It had broken the night before, but before 8 it was up in the 99's again. Before 11 it was in the 100's. I tried to sleep several times during the day, but I couldn't for even a minute. Not in the bed, not on the couch, not on the floor.

Around 5pm or so my fever broke, and my temperature had fallen back down to my normal 97.6. It was a very relieving feeling, as my energy started coming back, I began to feel like myself again. My in-laws invited us over for dinner, so we took the short walk over and ate some crock-pot "chicken cordeon bleu" which was interestingly good. (can of cream of chicken soup mixed with a cup of milk, pour enough to cover the bottom, lay in chicken breasts, cover them with a slice of ham and cheese, pour the rest of the first mixture over them then top with dry stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter onto the stuffing. It seems if you cook it on high the stuffing stays crispy in a large sense, maybe on low {longer cook time} the stuffing might absorb more moisture). Anyway, it was the first real meal that tasted like it should, and that I could eat a normal portion of in the better part of three days. It was nice.

My wife and I came home, looked at the latest deal on woot.com (internet window-shopping, what's the world come to! lol), made some brownies, and played on our xbox. We started watching a movie she'd wanted to see for a while, and she fell asleep before it was half way over (around 1am...) I played some Halo3 (finally got it to freeze, I've been trying to since we bought it about a year ago, but I finally tricked it into freezing mid-play....lol) watched most of LiarLiar (funny movie, but hard to not laugh at in a lot of instances, which plays out to be problematic with a sleeping wife who you don't really want to wake. Now it's almost 5:30 monday morning.

23 hours without sleep. And I'm still not tired. I've had 4 Tyelonol PM's within the past 23 hours and they've not helped a wink. :( It's like all the energy that I wanted to use the past few days all got bottled up and it's coming out right now as I'm trying to fall asleep.

Yawn

Maybe that means my body will let me rest now.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That happens to me when I'm sick. I sleep so much when I'm really sick (my normal temp is 96.8 btw, so 99 is high for me too, although dr.'s never understand this, but I digress). So when I'm getting better I can't sleep. It sucks. Hope you get some sleep soon. Glad you're feeling better though.