Monday, February 23, 2009

a little better

I applied for some more jobs today, about 8 to be exact... 3 of them were strictly photo-journalism jobs. I really think professionally that's the direction I want to head with my career, I don't so much like the idea of shooting studio portraits all day, newborns, weddings, products, over and over and over. I like the idea of being out and about and recording what is going on. I like the adventure of being on a new assignment, even though I know those assignments will include the mundane probably more often than not, at least it won't be always the same thing like if I tried getting a job with mattel...(makes barbie, bratz, etc...)

Unfortunately I already heard back from one of the places, they filled the position already. It's ok, it's the one I didn't want to want me (they were in iowa and were offering like 20-25k, which is what entry level pays in utah, whereas places like the east coast start any where from 35-65k)... But there are other fish-a-bitin. I guess technically I'm the fish, but hopefully someone soon pulls back on the hook and reels me in. =) Oh, btw, I added adsense to my blog, so now it'll start putting ads between blogs, so if you see something that interests you click away, if not I hope it's not too bothersome having it in there.

1 comment:

AliceAnn said...

So you're thinking about becoming a Peter Parker/Spiderman sort of man, eh?

Kind of a frogman? Better check out photojournalism jobs on the west coast too then!